Friday, April 16, 2010

So...I started a blog

I thought I'd give this blog thing a shot. I'm really not sure anyone will read it but who knows...someone might find it interesting.
Tonight starts with the discovery of a second mouse in my house. Ugh...and no one but me around to get rid of it after I caught it. I've lived here for three years and this is the first time I've had mice.
Does that bother anyone else out there? It bugs me. And the thing is I have two dogs roaming around in the house that seem to be completely useless when it comes to scaring off a tiny little mouse.
That's why I could never warm up to the movie Ratatouille...I mean it was rats...in a kitchen...cooking food. It wasn't a cute, happy movie in my mind...it was gross.
So tomorrow will be filled with cleaning and disposing of grossness and a hope that it is the last of them. I mean it's spring time, aren't they all supposed to be headed outdoors to play in the fields?
Tonight also finds guilt. I think I yelled at the poor little guy at the McDonald's window tonight. You see, I was very tired after a long day at work and a women on a diet who is having her first hamburger in weeks doesn't really have the patience for someone who can't function without their cash registers. See, I knew what the meal that I ordered cost and didn't think the tax would be three times as much as it should be. But convincing the little guy at the window to actually use his head to add instead of trusting a computer screen was beyond his reckoning. I probably didn't talk to him very nicely and was way to tired to convince him further of his mistake and just took my overpriced meal with me instead of haggling over a buck fifty. But I still feel guilty for being less than nice.
I try to live my life in as kind a way as possible because I feel, as a Christian, it is important to live out my faith. When I have little episodes like tonight...I feel as if I failed in that respect. I know of all the people that passed that drive through tonight many probably acted worse than I did, but I still feel a bit bad about it.
So tonight, I head to bed tired, a little guilty and thinking about getting a cat to take care of the mice.

So how did I do on my first blog?

1 comment:

  1. The blog monster got you!! I hope you have fun with it, shaping and changing it over time. If you ever have any questions or need help with it, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete